Hiring a TPA to manage your drug and alcohol testing program can be stressful, particularly when it comes to regulation based testing. Before you make that big decision, consider the following 8 simple questions that can help you properly hire a great TPA for the least amount of money.
1. Will I be able to get a hold someone who can answer my question within 2 minutes during business hours?
- This is important when managing employees because your time is valuable.
2. Will I have access to 24/7 services in an Emergency situation?
- 24/7 access to a TPA is vital because regulations often require a short time frame in which testing may be done.
3. Will I get a response to my emails within 2 business hours?
- Your non-emergency questions are still important!
4. Will I be notified of Compliance changes via email?
- A TPA’s job is to keep you up to date on compliance changes and make sure you are within regulations.
5. Will I be able to get drug tested anywhere in the country?
- Having a large network is vital in keeping up with regulation requirements.
6. Will all of my testing be Federally and State Compliant?
- This ones is obvious. Your TPA absolutely SHOULD be doing everything in their power to keep you compliant.
7. Will I be able to utilize electronic-pass drug testing?
- Paper forms are quickly disappearing, make sure you have a TPA that is up with the latest innovations in technology!
8. Will I be a name instead of a number?
- As with anything, you should be more valuable than a number and so are your employees. Make sure your TPA shares your values.
By getting the answers to these questions, you’ll guarantee that you are working with a TPA that is worth their salt. So if you want your workplaces to be as healthy, safe, and productive as possible – without breaking the bank – then we invite you to call us at 405-822-0553.
I hope you found this information helpful. If you have any questions or comments, give us a call (405-822-0553). If you just want more free information, sign up for our emails below!
Lobdock can give you a “YES” to all the questions above!